Wednesday, January 16, 2008

About me?

Who is that face in the shadow? Who is the man behind the mask?

Well for those of you who have any interest in me, let me drop you a few nuggets of information to satiate your salivating desire for information.

Q: Who am I?
A: Oh that is too easy, and at the same time it is too hard. Who really knows who they are in this wide world. Our identities, despite attempts at purity, are as malleable as politicians political views. We change every day, I change every day.

Q: Fine, so why are you qualified to give opinions on the internet?
A: Fair enough. If I were arrogant, which despite some comments to the contrary I am not, I would say that I am fierce smart and tapped into the pulse of life. In honesty, I have some experience to comment on some things with expertise. I have a Ph.D. in Political Science, and feel pretty comfortable discussing events that relate to the field. Aside from that, I am person who listens and interacts with other people on a daily basis. I feel and live life alongside you all and given that I think my thoughts are pretty important. Who knows, they may not be, but that is for you all to decide.

Q: What are you going to blog about? Just politics?
A: I will blog about whatever catches my fancy. However, it will never be one of those tedious, today I got up and took a shower blogs. Trust me, there are times that even I cannot stand the tedium of my personal life and I would never inflict that upon someone else (except my closest of friends and family.) Sometimes there will be insightful commentary, sometimes a funny bit, often a rant, and even the occasional reflection on the meaning of life.

Q: How often?
A: Whenever I get time. I am currently working on a few things for publication and starting research on a new book project, so this is a distraction not a priority. But hey, we all need an outlet from time to time.

So if you have other questions, let me know. No promises on an immediate ansewr, but I do promise a straight answer when I can.

No comments: